University of Hawaii Foundation - Friends of the Lab School
Dear Supporters of the University Laboratory School,
The history of the University Laboratory School (ULS) and the Curriculum Research & Development Group (CRDG) is a long and rich one, and we continue to build on the traditions of excellence that have been the hallmark of the school since its establishment.
Your financial support of the University Laboratory School and CRDG partnership continues to help maintain a quality education for our children. The curriculum offered by the University Laboratory School features:
- A superior academic program.
- Award-winning programs in English, mathematics, performing arts, science, social studies and visual arts.
- The continuous development of creative co-curricular and athletic programs designed to meet student interest and needs at every level of participation.
- A responsive administrative and teacher support system to help children be successful in school.
- A dynamic K–12 counseling program that serves a child’s academic, individual, college and career needs.
Maintaining a quality education and support program for students becomes more complex and expensive each year. As a public charter school, the ULS currently receive $5,607 a year per student from the State. This amount does not meet all of the University Laboratory School’s financial needs. As you may know, the per pupil allocation received from the State has been cut by more than $2700 (per student) over the past five years. In order to continue to meet our financial needs, we ask that you consider a donation to support the school.
Your donations support our ongoing programs both in and out of school, including assisting with personnel costs, technology purchases, musical instruments, equipment and supplies, transportation, and textbooks. Below are just a few examples of the purchases funded by these donations:
- Basketball court resurfacing
- Playground equipment for elementary
- (2) 15 passenger school busses
- Life cycling of student & faculty mobile laptops and classroom audio/video equipment
- Technology infrastructure upgrades to accommodate more laptops and mobile devices on the network
- Upgrade to the network security including K-12 compliance
Please be assured donations to the University of Hawaii Foundation-Friends of the Lab School #120-1522-4 can only be used for ULS related expenses. Also, check if the company you work for has a matching donation program. Your employer may be able to match your donation.
Please complete the donation form below and make checks payable to the UH Foundation. Be sure to write the “Friends of the Lab School Acct Number #120-1522-4” on your check so the donation will be credited for use by the University Laboratory School. Mail your donation directly to the University of Hawaii Foundation or to the ULS Office. You may also go online at www.uhf.hawaii.edu/uhlabparents to make a donation.
We appreciate your generosity and continued support of the University Laboratory School and its partnership with CRDG.
|A. Keoni Jeremiah||Donald B. Young|
|Principal, ULS||Director, CRDG|